Thursday, March 19, 2015

Memory Lane 懐かしい... Batu Caves Malaysia

I can't wait to go back to Malaysia!  I can't help but think about all the fond memories I have of that country.


The Petronas Towers...again!  I can't get enough of this structure.  I had to find a bus somewhere near here to get to Batu Caves.  Luckily my CS hostess told me which bus to chose because it would otherwise be confusing.

Batu Caves takes its name from Sungai Batu or Batu River and is one of the most visited Hindu Shrine outside of India.


This shrine is dedicated to Lord Murugan.


Great view from up here





A really amazing cavern main of Limestone


An obligatory Monkey Pic.

Let me tell you though.  This monkey slighted me when I was offering it some coconut, the greedy bugger thought what I offered it wasn't enough.  SO, it decided to climb up my leg and pull at my bag of coconut from my hands!  I didn't want any monkey disease so I relinquished my hold on the bag and Lo!  Behold the little thief!

I've grown to mistrust monkeys but they're still amusing critters