Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Movie: Scott Pilgrim vs the World

For all the gamers and closeted-gamers-that-don't-want-to-be-associated-with-gaming-but-still-love-games-on-the-inside, I've found the perfect movie for you!

Meet Scott Pilgrim!


Scott Pilgrim is a musician for Sex Bob-Omb and his group is competing in Battle of the Bands to be #1.  Along the way, Scott falls in love with a new girl in town but in order to win her heart, he needs to battle all of her evil exes!

I know the premise doesn't sound all that great but it's all the little details in this movie that makes it so fun!  Gaming fans along with comic book fans will enjoy the little references.

I know I did.

Reminds me of the old Adam West Batman series


Reminds me of old RPGs where you would go up to an item press B or something like that and it'll give you a nice little descriptor...before you throw it!

You remember those games or even the game walk-through with sections that tell you about the 'monster'...?

This movie is like going through an Role Playing Game.  There is also reference to their source material, the graphic novel by Bryan Lee O'Malley.

Just go watch it.