Tuesday, March 03, 2015

Reading books again!

I love to read; let me preface my entry with that.

However, I've not completed more than a handful of books in the last 5 years.  Maybe less.  I read lots of things online and though I try and attempt books, I've not been able to get back into reading them again.  I feared that I may have converted completely to Electronic format (E-books).  I'll read story after story on my computer - probably bad for my eyes - but I really was lazy about even flipping a page or even cracking open the book.  Granted, I like the e-books or PDFs where you don't that physical reminder of how much you've read or have left and can just look at a number on the screen to find out.  I don't know why, but for me, it really makes a difference when you're holding a big book and your holding on to over 90% of the pages in your right hand.  Not only that, I read stuff online because it's fast paced and short.

Yeah, it's probably just me.

Well, I'm getting off topic but I made a New Years Resolution to read more.  While traveling in California this X-mas, I picked up, "Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet" as well as "Eon" and I think I broke my aversion to reading physical books.  Now, I just want to keep reading but also if I read things online like another E-Book, I'll make sure it's a few hundred pages.  I've found a way to really beef up my reading and it's while you exercise.  Definitely not while you're lifting weights but because I practically workout every other day, I bust out my E-Book and read it on the elliptical to make the time go by faster.

I've also read, Fire Country and The Pearl that Broke its Shell during those training session and let me tell you, it really helps to keep your mind occupied as you're jogging.

Not too bad for someone that averaged 1 book a year in the last 5 years.  I've already completed 4 and working on my 5.

Wish me luck for this year!

Ram!