Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Recipe: FM Cafe Blueberry Muffins

So...
I worked for this cafe for about....2 weeks and realized...I don't really like cooking on demand or pressure.  I was a prep-cook for a franchise at one point and I was good at it but being a cook?

Forget it!

Don't get me wrong.  I'm not knocking on cooks or cooking.  I love cooking.... when I don't feel pressured to make a master piece in 10 minutes and be criticized.

So, I worked there for 2 weeks, gave it a shot and hated it!  I did however get an awesome blueberry muffin recipe.

I LOVE to bake!



Blueberry Muffins
~ Makes 6 Large Muffins (6, 12, 18, muffins)

18     12      6 Muffins

6C     4C     2C     Flour
        (* 1C Blueberries or other fruit:  frozen, microwated to that - 1 minute drained)
3C     1C     1        Cube butter, melted or Oil **
2T      2T     1        Tablespoon baking powder
2t       1t       1/2     Teaspoon Baking Soda
4C     2C     2/3C   Brown sugar, de-lumped (plust)
5        4        2        Eggs
3C     2C     1C      Milk
                              Vanilla
                    1/2t    Salt

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Grease muffin pan.

Mix dry ingredients with a whip.

Add blueberries or other fruit to cover with dry mix.

In a separate container, combine and mix liquid ingredients.

Fold into dry mix, lightly, to avoid turning it blue from the blueberries or other fruit.

Bake for 20 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.

Cool on rack, then EAT!


   **  You can use 1/2 oil, 1/2 butter to save money and it'll still come out fine.

HINT:  Pan spray muffin pans AND grease with oil too