Monday, March 30, 2015

Show: A Young Doctor's Notebook


 I can't stop raving about this series, but I can't help it.
This series is bloody brilliant!...no pun intended

IMDB's synopsis:
Russia, 1917. Straight out of medical school, a young doctor is sent to a remote village in the middle of nowhere to run a small hospital. The young doctor soon discovers that the realities of his profession bear no resemblance to his training and learns that textbooks are no help to him now.

My synopsis:
Young Dr. Vladimir Bomgard, newly graduated from med school bumbles his way in the middle of bum-fuck-nowhere Muryevo Hospital.  He's ailed by isolation, alcohol, drugs, his older self...you name it!  This dark comedy series has it all: sex, blood, gore, death and drugs.  

Honestly, for a better synopsis, click HERE!

Believe me, this is a light day for him.

Oh, did I mention that Donald Draper and Harry Potter are the main characters.

When I watch this show, I don't know whether to cringe at the almost Tarantinoesque blood and gore or laugh at the slapstick humor that the Brits are known for.


I love the banter between the young and senior Dr. Bomgard!  Sometimes it's like the blind leading the blind but their interactions are priceless!




I already loved Jon Hamm from his performance in Mad Men, Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, Million Dollar Arm but I think this was the first time I saw Daniel Radcliffe as an actor beyond just being Harry Potter (David Copperfield doesn't count because he was REALLY young).