Friday, November 27, 2015

Movie: Cinderella 2015 Part I

This is a LONG one, folks.


So I just watched Cinderella and I liked it.  It was much better than Disney's revival of their classic tale of Sleeping Beauty, Maleficent (sorely disappointed!).

I think it's smart of Disney to introduce a new generation of girls to their 'Princess' collection, but revamping it to live action.  And LOTS of BLUE (I'll get to that later).

I wasn't sorely disappointed by the cast, that was for sure:

Image result for cinderella 2015 cast
Lily James...I don't know who she is but all I can think of is Harry Potter



Cate Blanchett

I couldn't keep my eyes off of her!  She's a great actress, yes, but I feel like the person doing the costumes for this movie was all 'princessed' and 'princed' out that they just had a field day with making her costumes because she was absolutely stunning!  If I didn't like Disney, I'd just go to watch this movie just for the costumes.

                           
                          Image result for cinderella 2015 stepmother costume



Image result for cinderella 2015 stepmother costume

Image result for lady tremaine cate blanchett


Is it sad that I find the evil stepmother more charismatic and beautiful than Ella? ...Nah!

Another favorite actress, Helena Bonham Carter

Image result for cinderella 2015
Definitely a nice transformation from her usual dark look she's been associated with as of late

Image result for cinderella 2015 fairy godmother           

This girl from Downton Abbey, Sofia McShera and this girl from I don't know what:

Image result for sophie mcshera cinderella
Image result for holliday grainger cinderella
Holliday Grainger!  That's her name!











The cast of Game of Thrones!

This guy... Nonso Anozie who played Xaro Xhoan Daxos
 


And Robb Stark!  Holy $#*%!  (Not because he's good lookin' but last time we saw him, he was a King and...well, you know what happened! If you don't, <--- Click that link and find out if you really want to know - 3:30 GoT SPOILERS for Season 3)

Anyhoo, enough about the cast and back to the movie!  I liked it and it was cute and cheesy and corny like most Disney films but it pretty good and they kept a lot of elements from the cartoon that I thought were rather charming.  In fact, I feel like there was an amalgamation of Disney's 1950's as well as Drew Barrymore's Flower Production adaptation, Ever After: A Cinderella Story and a tiny bit of Ella Enchanted directed by Tom O'Haver.

Three things - other than it being a very cute movie - stuck out in my mind.  I felt that Ella just couldn't get over how pretty she became during the transformation!  Ella kept on twirling and marveling at all the finery - granted, if I were here and knew it wasn't a drug trip, I'd probably do the same thing - not once, not twice, but all the time!  Maybe she was just doing her best impersonation of being a snooty princess by checking herself out all the time but it was very distracting.  When Ella was dancing with Prince Kit, I couldn't help but notice that she would slip into the doting princess that would swoon around the Prince, and if I was mistaken, I think the Prince noticed her more because she wasn't one of those girls.

Enough about her, now let's talk color the BLUE (brought you by Sesame Street)

There was definitely an overall color scheme in this movie and though the stepmother's GREEN colors stood out a lot - she was green with envy -  BLUE was in your FACE!

ALL BLUE!

I'll talk more about this in my next post but I feel like my eyes are not accustomed either to whatever blue they used or if they digitally enhanced that color, man does it not look natural!

Just sayin'.

Oh, and in case you were wondering, the third recurring thought in my mind, especially at the end when they got married (Whoops!  Spoiler! As if you didn't know how Cinderella ended and if you did, Thank GOD you came out from whatever rock you lived under!) I couldn't help but think that someone was going to ambush the castle and kill them all.


Trailer