I was part of a pen-pal exchange more than 10 years ago (just look at that post date!) My original goal was to exchange letters and recipes but no one likes to write letters then (or now) so I exchanged recipes from my pen-pals all over the world. This one was my favorite one. I cut and copied it from my friends e-mail but my favorite part of this recipe is #9.
Ajinomoto is monosodium glutamate or MSG. Back then, there were cautions about how MSG is bad for you, and nowadays, even more so. Ajinomoto is the #1 producer of Aspartame but MSG is one of the main products Aji no Moto is known for. There has been some concern the consumption of MSG but nothing was conclusive under laboratory controls.
Anyhoo, if you have any qualms about MSG, don't use it and replace it with something else. Enjoy!
Indian Chili Chicken
Posted Date: : Sep 14, 2005 7:32 AM
1) 1 kg of small pieces of chicken
2) 200 gms Ginger cut into small pieces
3) 300gms Garlic cut into small pieces
4) Coriander leaves
5)1 nos Onions cut into long pieces
6) All purpose flour - 200 gms
7) Egg - 1
8) Bell pepper - 1 cut into small pieces
9) Aginomotto - a pinch
10) chilli powder, salt, balck pepper to taste
11) Vinegar - 5 tablespoons
12) Green chillies - 10 cut into small pieces
1) Mix the all purpose flour, beaten egg, ginger garlic paste, salt, chilli powder to make a paste.
2) Add the chicken to the paste and let it for 45 minutes
3) Heat some oil in a pan and deep fry the chicken.
4) Heat a little oil in a pan and fry the onions, bell pepper, ginger and garlic pieces,cut green chillies.
5)Add the vinegar
6) Add the fried chicken pieces to the boiling mixture.
7) Add the agin-o-motto and coriander leaves.
Thanks TiTu for the Recipe