Friday, April 08, 2016

Shock of the Day: Laundry & 10 Baht Coins

Short one today because another day of transit but we were making our way back from Chiang Rai to Chiang Mai after accomplishing our goal there.

I really wanted to feed a Giraffe!

So now it's been a week and we have to find a laundromat.  Well, we didn't have one near our hotel and the hotel would have charged us 40 baht per item!  That's roughly $1.35 USD for one sock or underwear.

NOOOOOOOPE!

So we went to a coin laundromat and guess what they take?  Only stupid 10 baht coins!  Now, 10 Baht coins have been the bane of our existence even back at home to do laundry because it's so hard to come by for some reason.  When I go to the laundry worker with my change and ask her to exchange coins, she give me stink eye and all I can think is, "Bitch, PLEASE! I know you have a key to get into the machine that take ONLY 10 Baht coins so go and exchange my coins because you'll just get it back anyway!"

Well, that same issue arose today trying to get our stuff clean and worse yet, we forget to bring our own laundry soap.  Luckily some other person doing their laundry took pity on us, exchanged our coins for 10 Baht and offered us some of her soap for free.

Goes to show that Laundry is a pain in the ass no matter where you are and there are nice people everywhere.

Peace!