Monday, June 13, 2016

Found Cabbages & Condoms Restaurant

I finally found it!  I heard about Cabbages and Condoms Restaurant from a guide book but it's actually a fun little place to check out.



 When you walk in, the front door actually has cabbages growing out front but also mannequins as well as various other items of decor armored in condoms.



From what I gather, the original intent for this place was to promote safe sex as well as planned parenthood.  The owner wanted make planned parenthood (PP) available to all in Thailand and so a portion of the proceeds go to PP organizations and clinics around the country.  He also wanted the availability of prophylactics like condoms to be as common as cabbages so after every meal, patrons of the restaurant will get a condom instead of a breath mint.

LOL, this is one of the first things you see when you walk in



I remember walking in and wondering what the heck that was and realized that the lamps and teddy bears were lined with condoms.  We didn't eat there because we were on our way to Terminal 21 (I'll write a blog about that place) but I definitely want to come back and see how the food is.

Have fun but stay safe!