Monday, June 27, 2016

Shock of the Day

This is for yesterday, June 27, Day One

Well, it's not surprise that lugging around heave luggage is more than cumbersome.  What I didn't anticipate was the fact that I wouldn't have a place to put them.  My suitcase and backpack are substantially big and I was hoping to do as we did in Japan - place it in a locker for a day and forget about it.  

Well, it didn't quite work out that way and I was hauling all my crap with me everywhere I went.  I still hate looking extremely out of place, i.e. walking into a mall with huge bags that weigh a ton!  

....So, I didn't.

I had 3-4 hours to kill at me meeting point with my couch surfers and I stayed there and just waited.  It brought me back to the time when I was CSing in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam and I had to do the same thing only...all day long.  That wait back then was brutal but I didn't mind.  I did a lot of people watching and sat waiting for my host.  This time around was a piece of cake and I also had my computer but didn't really use it.  

I met my host and then they were nice enough to drive me back to their place and we chatted, ate and I walked around trying Chinese Pancake - I can't remember how to say it - but it was delicious!  I need to start taking pictures of these things.

Shock of the day:  Taiwan is like Japan...only with Mandarin and Taiwanese language :P

It's immaculate and orderly and clean.

OH!  And they drive on the same side of the road as we do in the US.  Everything is so orderly and nice that even I - I don't enjoy driving like I used to - would feel comfortable jumping in a car and driving.  Hooray!

Had a great time see new things and meeting my hosts.  I stay with them again this evening and then head to Tainan.  

I'll keep you posted!