Sunday, July 17, 2016

Shock of the Day: Memory Card DELETED!!

NOTHING is worse than finding out that you deleted all your pictures and videos from your memory card.

This is not the first time it's happened, but it still sucks.

The first time I had this happen to me was when I was in Singapore.  I didn't enjoy my trip too much but the highlight of my trip was going to a Louvre installation and taking enough pictures to fill a 1 GB (10 years ago, that was a LOT) card and video of the best flamboyant guide describing to high schoolers why the Greek sculptures of heros and men were not as "endowed" as one would expect.  I still remember it today, "If you look at some of the figures, you'll notice that the men are not as endowed because during this time and era, what was considered to be masculine differed to our own definition of beauty today."

Hilarious and educational.  I guess I don't need the video to remember thinking, how cool it is to video this tour and also take pictures of all this art because many places will not let you take pictures or video.

I'm just grateful that I loaded all my pictures onto Facebook before I made the mistake of deleting everything.

Lesson learned....again!