Tuesday, October 04, 2016

Long Time No See! (好久不見 - hao jiu bu jian) from Zhejiang!

Yes, it's been a long time since I've posted something.  I've been actively taking pictures and have posted some of my favorites on my Sept Zhejiang  Page.

Because people like pictures, I'm shoving some in so you don't have to click on my page that has about 50 pics queuing to load.


Great garden that is supposed to be a lover's garden but I don't know much else.  


At the base of a HUGE hill (mini mount) that we have to climb in order to get to another temple.  Lovely view, but I wish we went after a rainfall because of all the haze.  Still very enjoyable!


Almost at the top of Xiang Lu Temple.  See, it's a bit hazy, but the view is still pretty nice.  Yes, we climbed probably a 1000 some steps to get up here but it was worth it.  I'd do it again :)


 Happy to be back on solid ground and not have to get vertigo looking down


A wet day in Shaoxing's 2nd Ring...or is it the 1st Ring (meaning City Center)...?  Still peaceful and beautiful


Our city is known for all the canals and waterways.  Actually, there is a story about how one of the Emperors, Dayu, devoted most of his life trying to solve the city's flooding problem and actually constructed these canals over 1000(?) years ago.  A huge achievement at the time and kept the city from flooding.


Let no one tell you that you can't see the sky.  This is just outside my apartment building but I couldn't help but take a picture of the blue skies!  Normally, China is known for its pollution problem, but a friend of mine mentioned that Shaoxing has pretty good air quality because most of the textile industry moved to Hangzhou or other cities within our Province.  We do have a few hazy days where it drifts our way, but for the most part, I do see blue skies.


Today was extra beautiful because it just rained and washed away any haze that may have lingered.  It'll get colder soon and I'll be experiencing my first snow in almost a decade!


A museum that we didn't get a chance to go into but if you look at the hills, there are a few towers.  We visited those and will come back to visit other towers as well.  I'll swing by the museum then, too!


Keyan scenic resort.  It's like a Buddhist temple site merged with Disneyland.  Still cool to see!


I've seen a few Buddha's and in a few different countries at this point but I still enjoy looking at them and even noticing the difference from place to place.  This one is a bit rounder around the face that I'm used to seeing in Thailand but definitely not the portly, happy, jolly Buddha we in the west usually associate him with.

I may be bold in saying this but these are the best F***ing nuts I've ever tasted!  Each basket has a certain nut (peanut, cashews, pecans, walnut, brazilnut etc) but they also roast it right there in front of you!  I'm in LOVE with the lightly seasoned pecans and wish I had gotten 5 kg rather than .5kg.  I've practically devoured the whole bag in two days.  Not a bad price too for half a kilo of freshly roasted nuts.  I think it was about $5 and still warm when we paid.  There are just some things that you can't get in other places.

Needlees to say, I've found places to see, and things to eat that will keep me happy for a while but I'm also glad that China is such a massive country that I can probably spend the next 10 years or the rest of my life and still not see everything it has to offer.