Sunday, April 30, 2017

Hiking Scenic Hills


I love all the hilly and mountain paths that are available for exploration in China.  The city planning or park upkeep is immaculate and the best park about a place like this is there is hardly ever another hiker on the trail.  We did happen upon a group of 5 randomly but I hardly doubt that more than a handful of people walk through on average daily.  These trails will keep for probably another two decades before it needs to be repaired but the fact is it's there for everyone to enjoy.


It's common to see iconic bamboo groves and forget that a city is less than a mile away. There are somethings that are definitely appreciated and well preserved.  I didn't see it on this trail but I've seen older generation come through and pick wild herbs and plants and it reminds me of when I lived in Hawaii where I would see old tutu's teaching the next generation about harvesting wild plants.  It's nice to see something familiar here as well.


One of the things that I appreciate about China is the ability to live in a small city (it's referred to as a small town by the locals but with the population of 3-4 million), and still get away from it all.  I don't live in a huge city by all means, but even in a place like Shanghai, I can still fine greenery and beautiful parks.