Well, it's not surprise that lugging around heave luggage is more than cumbersome. What I didn't anticipate was the fact that I wouldn't have a place to put them. My suitcase and backpack are substantially big and I was hoping to do as we did in Japan - place it in a locker for a day and forget about it.
Well, it didn't quite work out that way and I was hauling all my crap with me everywhere I went. I still hate looking extremely out of place, i.e. walking into a mall with huge bags that weigh a ton!
....So, I didn't.
I had 3-4 hours to kill at me meeting point with my couch surfers and I stayed there and just waited. It brought me back to the time when I was CSing in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam and I had to do the same thing only...all day long. That wait back then was brutal but I didn't mind. I did a lot of people watching and sat waiting for my host. This time around was a piece of cake and I also had my computer but didn't really use it.
I met my host and then they were nice enough to drive me back to their place and we chatted, ate and I walked around trying Chinese Pancake - I can't remember how to say it - but it was delicious! I need to start taking pictures of these things.
Shock of the day: Taiwan is like Japan...only with Mandarin and Taiwanese language :P
It's immaculate and orderly and clean.
OH! And they drive on the same side of the road as we do in the US. Everything is so orderly and nice that even I - I don't enjoy driving like I used to - would feel comfortable jumping in a car and driving. Hooray!
Had a great time see new things and meeting my hosts. I stay with them again this evening and then head to Tainan.
I'll keep you posted!
No comments:
Post a Comment