Today, It's the first weekend where I have time to myself where I don't have to go on a guided tour arranged by my program or anything else so I figure, I can take a moment or two to write a bit. I've been writing the shocks of the day just to keep up writing if I can't write in general be even that is not keeping the habit for me now but I think I may have a new solution.
Description Writing of Locations!
I know, nothing new but for me, I think it'll be a great way to at least get those writing juices back a-flowin' (<---- Prime example of what Chinese has done to my English) :P
I personally like to find pictures like these that are beautiful around can be found in various places around the world.
Step 1: I like thinking about places like these and trying my best to describe them just as an exercise.
Step 2: I add some embellishments like animal life, plants, weather and sounds etc.
Bonus: Use it for something your are currently writing.
Heck, you can take any picture and do that exercise and it'll help you get started.
![]() |
| Used from a Creative Common's page by Thraen |
I think artwork can spark a bit of inspiration. You can just write about the scenery or even what is going on in the art piece but I do find it helps.
Give it a try!



No comments:
Post a Comment