I kid you not nor use hyperbole when I say I was looking for this book for decades. Granted, it also had to do with the lack of information on my end on where to look and just plain forgetting.
When I was 16, I went to Samoa and stayed with a distant aunt who hosted my mother and I in her home. Her son had this book and I just started to read the first chapter out of curiosity but was hooked! She offered to give it to me, but I'm a book hoarder and if my mother started offering my book to others, I know I'd freak out so I refused to take it and just remembered the title and the author (or at least the first name)
A friend recently posted about on of their first books their read in the Sci-Fi genre and the comments stirred memory of this book for some reason, then bam! I realized I NOW have the resources to get most books and Lo and Behold!
I found it! I hope to finish reading this soon but I'm happy that my quest for this book is finally over!
Huzzah!
(I don't say Huzzah, but I can thank Professor Farnsworth for that)
No comments:
Post a Comment